Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default New Woodburner Regulations

In article , Capitol
wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

I'd suggest to read up about the reasons behind such legislation.
Rather than making up your own.

Are you suggesting that saving a few hundred watts for a few minutes
per month is distinguishable from noise in the 2750 TWh EU electricity
budget?

I'd even agree that lighting is a worthwhile target, but that maybe
they pushed it a few years too early, how many subsidised CFLs lurk in
the backs of cupboards when decent LEDs were only a few years down the
track?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. More to the point, why should we reduce
energy consumption?

presumably because creating energy has costs to the environment

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England