Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Library ladder

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 4:36:29 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

FWIW I copy part of my drawing to a blank area and move the parts apart
for reference/clarification.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

OK, now see... that's what he needs. First, thanks on his behalf (and mine) for taking the time to write out a detailed reply. If he could generate those drawings for cabinets (which occasionally he builds them for an install) he could speed up his production XX times. He has to do the work to figure out the start dimensions anyway, so why not let the program finalize all measurements, modifications, and generate the drawings to exact scale?

Plus, Swing showed me that he could design and offset gable when designing a roof profile that would incredibly measure the correct pitch angle (in degrees) for the main rafters! How cool is that? He had a couple of adds on his that he showed me, but with my knowledge of framing (and my handy span table book) I could design a roof structure in minutes, and best of all, let the client see a drawing of my work. Another sidebar... I don't design anything but small structural objects these days as the litigious society we live in precludes me from doing so without a State license. One small mistake or the perception of a mistake and it would be off to court for me "playing engineer". Clients pay for the engineer, he stamps the drawing, and Robert builds as directed.

However, that certainly doesn't nullify the tremendous utility value of a good drawing. Thanks again, I will pass this on (again).

Robert