Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Library ladder

OFWW wrote in
:

The guy is so used to 2d drawings that he might be better off with a
2d Cad type program. It would be more familiar to his style and once
he got used to the commands, and just redoing his basic prints for
mods, and finds how simple it is then He might feel better moving to a
3D program.

*snip*

That's how I started. I used a program called CadStd, and still do use
it, that got me started about lines being a certain length and things in
a coordinate system.

From that point on, it was easy to translate the skills into Sketchup and
also into CamBam for my mill. Sketchup can read DAE files, which CadStd
can export.

If you're strong on mechanical 2D drafting, CadStd will probably be easy
to pick up. If you're used to more art-like drawing, another program may
work better.

Puckdropper