Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Woodburner Regulations

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Bill Taylor wrote:

it's odd that the Ecodesign directive doesn't seem to apply directly
to wood burning heaters at all.

Ecodesign is a broad EC project, it's been the reason for phasing out
incandescent lamps, low powered hoovers, expensive 'intelligent' central
heating pumps, etc ... woodburners are just the next thing in their
sights, along with kettles, hairdryers etc.

It phased out low powered Hoovers, did it? Incandescent bulbs? Very odd I
can still buy the latter.

You really really really shouldn't believe everything you read in the Mail.

And you might also explain why forcing makers to improve the efficiency of
their products is a bad thing.

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.