Posted to rec.woodworking

Default For the Neanderthals out there.

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:31:35 -0700, Electric Comet
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:10:08 -0400
Jack wrote:

Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table
for his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call

she really had no choice but to exclaim she liked it

she was put on the spot

Oh, good grief. I showed it to my wife and she loved it, though it's
not her style.

it is a nice table but too heavy

Dining room tables *are* heavy. It's not accidental.

will be hard to move to vacuum and since they look like a traditional
couple she probably plays the housewife role and vacuums

You're not going to just shove ours into the corner to vacuum under
it, either. That's just not rational.

a better design would have been to create the top in 4 pieces connected
with a simple mechanism underneath like a cam style connector or the
like

something that can be done with one hand

Oh, good grief!

you neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself,
I'm into power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard
work though, so enjoy.

i have doubts that many here use only hand tools

most of us use a combination of them

sometimes a block plane is just the right tool and other times it
is not and you might reach for the sander