Posted to rec.woodworking
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default For the Neanderthals out there.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:10:08 -0400
Jack wrote:

Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table
for his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call

she really had no choice but to exclaim she liked it

she was put on the spot

it is a nice table but too heavy

will be hard to move to vacuum and since they look like a traditional
couple she probably plays the housewife role and vacuums

a better design would have been to create the top in 4 pieces connected
with a simple mechanism underneath like a cam style connector or the
like

something that can be done with one hand

you neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself,
I'm into power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard
work though, so enjoy.

i have doubts that many here use only hand tools

most of us use a combination of them

sometimes a block plane is just the right tool and other times it
is not and you might reach for the sander