Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default JVC RX-807V receiver. One channel distorted when SEA is enabled.

David Farber wrote:

I'm servicing a JVC RX-807V receiver.

You know, there was something about that model number that bugged me and
finally realized there is a similar one in the junk pile.

It's a model RX-905VTN, I'm sure it's in the same generation but not the
same series. I'm pretty sure it was one of those, if you could fix it let me
know, if not use it for parts. That was like 20 years ago.

Anyway, in case the problem with yours ends up being some weird obsolete
jvc-only IC or something else similar, feel free to ask for the boards out
of the thing. It's complete and actually looks brand new but would probably
be more to ship whole anywhere than it's worth.

I didn't see a service manual anywhere to see if it's similar but I can take
some snaps with the cover off to see if any of the circuit boards are
similar.

-bruce