Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default 2 x 4's the old ones

On 03/19/2017 07:59 AM, Oliver Douglas wrote:

snip

Ever notice free government public housing for welfare democrats lasts
less than 30 years before it's demolished?

OTOH, republican taxpayer farmers will take care of their homes and pass
them on for many generations.

LOL you sure got that exactly WRONG, the three examples I was thinking
of when I posted we

1) Allen Bradly was a large local electronics firm that is now owned by
Rockwell. The very generous Allen Bradly family donated millions of
dollars to build a sports center, 35 years ago.

It mainly caters to the wealthy suburbanites just outside of Milwaukee
County. (The sports center is in downtown Milwaukee)

It has now been decided that it's too old and a new one is being
constructed and paid for by the taxpayers of Milwaukee. A special
freeway ramp is even being built so the wealthy suburbanites can come
into the city, watch their game and head back out to the suburbs.
If anyone else would even think of having an event in downtown Milwaukee
on the same night as a sports event, forget it.
Parking which is normally $10 for 24 hours is now up to $70!!!

The 35 year old sports center will then be demolished

2) In the mid 60's, my uncle who was a wealthy businessman had a
beautiful house built . It's reminiscent of a design by Frank LLoyd
Wright or Eero Saarinen . When my uncle died my aunt sold the house and
later learned the new owner only wanted the land, the house was
demolished and replaced by a McMansion.

Beautiful 50 year old house demolished

3) Of the same vintage (approx 50 years old) is the Milwaukee Museum,
considered one of the best in the country. Now it's not good enough,
supposedly the storage are is too leaky. The city is going to build a
new one...cost the the taxpayers $100 million.