Posted to alt.home.repair
Oliver Douglas[_3_] Oliver Douglas[_3_] is offline

Default 2 x 4's the old ones

On 03/19/2017 08:12 AM, philo wrote:
My grandparents had their house built in 1948 also.
I believe the end of the war housing boom was when the builders
started using the lower grade soft pine.

I recall my grandmother telling me the builder used the better grade
lumber because all the soft pine in the area was already snapped up by
other builders.

My house was built in 1898 and will probably be around for a while...

I am living at a time where I actually see buildings less than 50
years old being demolished.

Ever notice free government public housing for welfare democrats lasts
less than 30 years before it's demolished?

OTOH, republican taxpayer farmers will take care of their homes and pass
them on for many generations.