Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default JVC RX-807V receiver. One channel distorted when SEA is enabled.

On 17/03/2017 10:20 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
Bruce Esquibel wrote:

Hmmm, but isn't that receiver from the late 80's, early 90's?

Not sure the "lead free solder" problems would apply.

** The JVC RX807V is a thoroughly modern, home theatre, multi channel nightmare.

**Nah, it's ancient history in the world of home cinema. A nightmare?
Certainly. Horrible thing. Only good for use as a door-stop. Hell, I
doubt you can find a TV, Blu Ray or DVD to connect it to anymore.
Composite only. Absolute POS. If I recall correctly, it has no removable
base-plate, making service a very lengthy and certainly non-viable
option. Why anyone would contemplate repairing one of these things is
beyond me. It was not even a high end model with decent audio output
stages.

Pb free solder is 100% guaranteed.

**Nah. I doubt it. Too old.

But it ain't all that bad.

IME, most Pb free stuff is far from impossible to deal with.

A bit of 60/40 on top of any dodgy looking joint works wonders ..

**Sure does. Luckily, proper solder is still easy enough to buy.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au