Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Work Clothes

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 07:28:43 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 07:09:29 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
I saw this on Gizmag this morning and thought it fit. Some of us are
hard on clothing in the shop or work. Others are them that gol durn
biker dudes. (Hi, Snag) Anyway, Got Dyneema?

http://newatlas.com/saint-motorcycle...-review/46201/

Thanks for the tip Larry , but I don't spend 600 bucks on clothes in 10
years ... and anyway I have a pretty nice ser of leathers .

At such a cheap price, I'm surprised you're not rushing out to buy a
set for every day of the week, or at least one pair for Sunday.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass, too. Surely, though, we'll see
them on every dentist on his Harley every weekend.

Dyneema is what some of the toughest ropes and lines on high end
sailboats are made from. On many boats..its being used to do the
jobs steel cable used to do. Sheets, halyards, centerboard hoists etc.
Fascinating to see it being used in this fashion. That was some very
good application usage thinking outside of the box. That stuff has a
higher strength rating than steel cable.

Gunner

---