Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On 2/16/2017 6:19 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/16/2017 10:17 AM, Jack wrote:
On 2/14/2017 9:07 PM, wrote:

I was told that the brake fluid should be replaced on shedule to keep
the brake lines from rotting out.

First I ever heard of that.

Brake fluid absorbs moisture. When the master cylinder gets low,
because it is not topped of on regular intervals, It becomes
contaminated from the moisture in the air. If you have ever rebuilt
wheel cylinders or a disk brake caliper, always lubricated with brake
fluid, you will often find pitting on the cylinder walls. That is from
the moisture in the brake fluid.

In my youth I rebuilt plenty of them. Rebuilt plenty of engines as well.
Still, I never replaced brake fluid as routine maintenance ever, never
had a garage or dealer advise me to have brake fluid replaced either.
My GM dealer last time I was there had a 5 foot sign advising to have
your cooling system flushed and new anti freeze for some ridiculous
price, but not a word on replacing brake fluid.

Perhaps their keeping it a secret so your brake lines will rust out and
they'll sell more cars when you run into the back of another car. Just
another planned obsolescence scheme?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com