Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill Press Foot Switch

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 22:03:17 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 16:47:17 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I ran the big Gorton mill at Gunners to tap the little handle we made
for the height adjuster on the DP table. A knob on the VFD + an
ON_OFF_ON switch controlled the speed and direction. That was sweet.
My buddy Glenn has a VFD and speed knobs for his mill, too. It _sure_
as hell beats changing belts, the way I learned in 8th grade.

At least you learned something, in the eighth grade! ;-)

The other thing I learned then was not to get my tie caught in that
spinny thing on the left side of the lathe.

Ties are only worn for weddings and funerals.

Then and now. The safety rules we were given in the '60s had last
been updated in the '50s.

--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle