Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Best drive belts?

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 23:35:54 -0500
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
Sure, if you have the finesse to stop short of the pavement
underneath, or planned to repave it in the spring.

Many years ago I help an old girlfriends brother clear his driveway.
He had been driving over the snow and had solid pack maybe 8-10 inches
thick. We used his roto-tiller to loosen it up and then shovel off the
debris. There was cement underneath. His idea/plan. It didn't work too
bad. I wouldn't want to use my tiller though unless there was say
gravel underneath. An old set of tines would be best. I saw the drive
once the snow was gone and you couldn't see any obvious damage. No more
than tire chains would make.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b