Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best drive belts?

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:23:06 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 08:44:21 -0800
Larry Jaques wrote:

snip
Heck, if I lived in snow country, I'd figure out some way to use a
turbine blower, melting what didn't blow off my driveway. g
Perhaps something a bit smaller than this: http://tinyurl.com/huoj7uo

You best be government or last name of Gate's, Leno... for that kind of
snow removal. They don't give fuel away around here ;-)

You didn't catch the "something a bit smaller" portion of that joke,
didja? Handheld, that jet engine would launch _me_. (as if I
could lift it.) so I'd have to settle for something about 99.5%
smaller. Y'know, 3x larger than a weed burner, and movable. Once a
week, I could handle the fuel costs on my 50' driveway.

Would a pressure washer leave too much ice? It could blow most powder
off the drive, and blast free any previous layers of ice.

This setup isn't too far away from me:

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-m...llions_to.html

--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle