Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best drive belts?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 08:43:07 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 15:27:04 -0800
Larry Jaques wrote:

snip
How about something a little smaller and more affordable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvR-eaKUVqU

Dang! That thing needs a lot bigger blower for that size motor.
Doubt
if the motor even knows it's doing something other than revving up.
Dude's got a few man hours in that machine...

Some awfully cool snowblowers, custom builds on youtube. One I
really
liked from several years ago was just a typical 10-15hp dual stage
machine that had been fitted with remote control. Sit inside and
blow
driveway ;-)

I'm with Jim, still shovel the stuff out. Someday I'll have to get a
blower but I'm not there yet. And we do get snow. This is from Feb
2014:

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/winter2014-02.jpeg

Don't have diddly squat around right now but that is fine by me.

Heck, if I lived in snow country, I'd figure out some way to use a
turbine blower, melting what didn't blow off my driveway. g
Perhaps something a bit smaller than this:
http://tinyurl.com/huoj7uo

The consistency of the snowbank the road plows leave across the
driveway is somewhere between gravel and hard-frozen ice cream,
shading to wet concrete mix if it partly melts on a sunny day. Guess
what that turns into at night.
-jsw