Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Aviators oxygen vs welding or medical oxygen.

danny burstein wrote in news
In Robert Nichols

writes:

Here's an interesting quote I ran across at http://www.c-f-c.com/supportdocs/abo1.htm:
"Also of interest, we have been told by the suppliers of welding oxygen, the purity level

required for welding and cutting purposes is more critical than for breathing."

Well, sure. That's quoting from the welding oxygen sales reps..

Bet you'd get the exact same quote, just the other way, if
you spoke to medical oxygen sale reps...

I have my doubts; after all, the oxygen you're breathing right now is about four parts impurities
to one part oxygen...