Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Aviators oxygen vs welding or medical oxygen.

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 20:01:33 -0800, cecilioucr wrote:

So I got a cylinder from a friend, that is a Avox System 9700 series,
11.0 CU FT 1800 PSI. Which I really really like, but I am confuse about
if I have to refill it which O2 should I use, what if I just can not get
aviators oxygen?

Actually I just don't know much about this.

Can someone help me?

IIRC oxygen for human consumption has CO2 mixed in. The pathways that
regulate breathing sense blood CO2 concentration and make you breath
faster when it goes up -- and let you stop breathing when it goes down
close to zero.

Feel free to Google around and double check. I suspect that a welding
supply place wouldn't want to mess with refilling it, but you could check.

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested