Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Nichols Robert Nichols is offline

Default Aviators oxygen vs welding or medical oxygen.

On 02/11/2017 10:01 PM, wrote:
So I got a cylinder from a friend, that is a Avox System 9700 series, 11.0 CU FT 1800 PSI. Which I really really like, but I am confuse about if I have to refill it which O2 should I use, what if I just can not get aviators oxygen?

Aviators oxygen is required to have very low moisture content. At high altitude, excess moisture could freeze and block O2 lines.

Here's an interesting quote I ran across at http://www.c-f-c.com/supportdocs/abo1.htm:
"Also of interest, we have been told by the suppliers of welding oxygen, the purity level required for welding and cutting purposes is more critical than for breathing."