Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill Press Foot Switch

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 08:04:19 -0600, Robert Nichols
wrote:

On 02/03/2017 01:00 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I've been playing with a regular foot switch on my floor standing drill press.

Over all I like it except that the work light isn't on except when I am standing
on the switch. I can of course wire the foot switch into the leads to the motor,
but I was wondering if there is any over riding reason not to have a foot switch
on a drill press. Its really quick for some types of job.

Are you absolutely certain you will never accidentally step on the foot switch while
changing bits in the chuck?

Let's play "chuck the chuck"! WHAM! Oops. Most people only play
that game once in their life.

-
"Surprisingly, open-minded Hollywood has not yet agreed to allow
unvetted refugees to mill freely about their heavily guarded film
studios." --Twitter satirist @weknowwhatsbest