Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill Press Foot Switch

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 12:00:58 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I've been playing with a regular foot switch on my floor standing drill
press. Over all I like it except that the work light isn't on except when
I am standing on the switch. I can of course wire the foot switch into the
leads to the motor, but I was wondering if there is any over riding reason
not to have a foot switch on a drill press. Its really quick for some types
of job.

I have a couple drill presses wired with foot switches. The way I
wired them I can switch between the foot switch or the regular switch.
That way I have the best of both worlds. WhenI'm not using the foot
switch it hangs from a hook on the drill press column. I use a
different switch for the light.
Eric