Stormin Mormon

Default Lawn Mower Idle Oscillates

I learned about this in my small engine repair course.

If the spring on the throttle gets a bit hardened (painted, rusty, etc) it
doesn't respond right. So the engine speed "hunts" for the right speed.

Replace the spring between the throttle and the carb.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Buck Wheat" wrote in message
om...
My Murray lawn mower idle oscillates up and down, I can see the spring
on the carb moving about 1.5".

I there a spring kit or some kind of throttle control that may fix
this this?

I rarely use this lawn mower and am about to put it up for sale, just
thought I'd fix this problem before advertsiing.

Its a Murray riding lawnmower, model 30552x12a w/a Tecumseh 10 HP

Thanks for any input..