Joseph Meehan

Default Best location for Dehumidifier?

Given time the humidity will be even, it will not sink or float up or
down. I would suggest several factors that you may want to consider.

First as noted, you should choose a spot where you can drain it
directly.

I would suggest choosing a location as close as possible to the source
of the humidity.

Along the same lines would be a location that has good airflow to the
damp area.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Arthur" wrote in message
I am using a 50-pint Dehumidifier for an area with a staircase. Cold
air normally descends, but I don't know the properties of
"humidity"--does it tend to travel "up" like warm air?

My question: Is it better to place the Dehumidifier at the bottom of
the staircase, or is it better to place the Dehumidifier at the top?

Arthur

--
For email replies:
Remove xy99spam