tippybob

Default Kenmore Dishwasher - Troubleshoot?

(tippybob) wrote in message . com...
"Dave Harnish" wrote in message ...
Hi Bob,

I've seen a few of these, Whirlpool - branded, and it's
impossible to prove a diagnosis without disassembling and
testing each touch pad for shorts with a VOM, via the ribbon
cable.

snipped

Dave,

Thanks for the advice - it looks fairly easy to install new
components. The symptoms a timer display blinking "79", and one or
two leds blinking on the front panel. I will check with Sears to see
about getting a new touchpad assembly.

Regards,

Bob

One more thing - is there any way to tell whether the problem is with
the touchpad assembly or the computer module? The sears person was
going to order/replace both, but if I could be sure which was bad and
replace it myself, it would make sense from a $$$ standpoint, rather
than to buy a new dishwasher. The only symptoms are as noted above;
once in a while there is no display showing and it appears that the
unit would operate normally (pressing the various wash buttons causes
the correct # of minutes to show on the display, and pressing cancel
cancels the selection). It quickly reverts to showing 79 on the
display and usually one or two leds are flashing.

Thanks again,

Bob