Gavin Gillespie

Default Roofing - non slip footwear?

"Phöènix" mindyouownbusiness wrote in message
Danny Burns wrote:
In message ,
Phöènix writes
Any recommendations for an inexpensive way to give

shoes/trainers
better grip/non-slip on slate roofs.

Yes, Hire a roof ladder.

Your suggesting I attach roof ladders to each of my trainers?

If you have nothing to say, SAY NOTHING!

Your post does not contribute. The roof ladder aspect has already

been
mentioned and clearly, from previous posts, is not what was asked.

My question is simple, as plainly are you.

I do not see a reason to list the equipment in use nor the specifics

on the
job in hand when asking a simple question.

Just to humour you (it shouldn't take much) I do have roofladders

and use
them. They are not appropriate to cover every foot of every roof.

Sometimes
it is necessary and safer to step away from ladders rather than move

them.
Having done this many times I wondered whether anyone on this forum

had come
across a product that would increase confidence in the grip my

footwear
gives me when I have a foot or both off the ladders.

Now I can see you are the type to erect scaffolding to clean windows

so
perhaps you might realise your comments are inappropriate for many

people
who apply a certain measure of common sense to their safety

precautions.

So if someone suggested something that might be suitable, and which
you used, but later, possibly caused you to fall from a roof, and
cripple yourself, you would not be bitter about the suggestion?

Perhaps you have received no replies, because people are not prepared
to risk being sued, by giving you information which could land them
with a hefty compensation bill, if anything did happen to you.