jeff

Default Kenmore Dishwasher - Troubleshoot?

(tippybob) wrote in message om...
I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher, about 2-1/2 years old. It recently
stopped working; some of the leds on the control panel blink on and
off, but I can't select a cycle or get any action by pressing the
start button. The Sears technician was here today and after seeing
the symptoms informed me that I need a new control panel and computer
module. The total cost for repairs will be over $400.00, and I had to
pay a $70 service call fee just to get the estimate. The dishwasher
had a 2-year warranty on the electronics, and is certainly not worth
repairing at that price. Anyway, before I send this unit to the junk
pile, I would like to see if there is anything I can check myself. I
am handy with tools and a voltmeter, and would like any suggestions as
to what I might be able to check myself. Is there a separate power
supply for the electronics, or anything else that might be simple to
check and/or repair? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Bob

Hi,

Tech sheet is usually tucked under the lower panal(s), or between the
door panals or in the consol...it should have tests/checks for
checking your unit.

The dishwasher
had a 2-year warranty on the electronics, and is certainly not worth
repairing at that price.

Next d/w will have dial control??!!??

*Most* electronic controls had a 5 year parts warranty, I would check
into that!

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/