David Efflandt

Default New furnace blower noise problem

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 03:31:52 GMT, Lenine wrote:
I just had a new furnace installed. The blower is horribly loud. There is
no way that I can live with this noise, but the installer said that's how
all of the high-efficiency furnaces are now. I really don't believe anyone
would put up with this.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the blower noise on a furnace?
Assuming that it was installed correctly, that is. I wasn't able to find
much in a google search of groups.

Is it blower noise from the air whooshing through the ducts, or something
from forced air induction of the burner. My neighbor has some sort of
(modulating?) high efficiency furnace with PVC inlet/outlet on the side of
their house, that in the dead of the night, I first thought was somebody
casing the neighborhood (sounds like a V8 engine on fast idle). If I can
hear it from next door (across a double lot), I cannot imagine how noisy
it must be in their house (they do say it is noisy).

I have an older home with single pipe steam heat which is relatively
quiet.

http://www.autox.chicago.il.us/ http://www.berniesfloral.net/
http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/ http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/