donald girod

Default Removing Adhesive from Vinyl Windows?

Paint thinner for tape adhesive. Or goo gone,but paint thinner is 1% as
expensive and you can use it for other things (oil lamps, charcoal starter,
thinning paint).

"HerHusband" wrote in message
We recently ordered some new vinyl windows, and one of the windows has a
strip of adhesive on it. It looks like some kind of tape had been stuck to
the window and removed, but now the glue is left behind and has collected
dirt and whatnot from handling the windows.

So, I'm curious what I can use to remove the adhesive without damaging the
vinyl window frames?

I used to use a cleaner I found at a photo store to remove labels from
plastic floppy disks, and it worked great. But, I cannot remember the name
of that product.

I have also used WD40 from time to time to remove glues and whatnot, but
then I have to use something else to remove the oil. And, I'm concerned it
might damage the vinyl in the process.

Any suggestions?

Anthony