ivan

Default tackiest brand names/worst brands TV/VCR/stereo etc?

"b" wrote in message
om...
"ivan" wrote in message

'Pacific' is a name I'm beginning to see more of, sold by Asda

(Wal-Mart)
although I haven't had the back off one yet, but picture wise, the ones

I've
seen so far, appear to have given a pretty good account of themselves.

Yeah. Picked up one of their 40 pound dvd players to leave at my
folks' place - seemed ok but then, I only used it once in the space of
a year. As for their other products - can't say.

I automatically assumed from from your original list that you were based

in
the UK, however looking at the receiver fitted with the flimsy looking

two
pin plug, I'm now not so sure.

I live in Spain but am from the UK. And , yes, the spanish /european
plugs are terrible! In my unbiased objective humble opinion, the UK
3-pin system is the best in the world . And you, are you another
ex-pat from UK but living in Berlin?

Electrical goods prices still seem to drop almost by the day, for instance I
recently saw an angle grinder complete with two cutting discs retailing at
£7.99...12 months ago I paid £5 'each' just for the discs.

Also if one shops around, it's possible to find twin speed videos for around
the £30 mark, and only last week, my brother bought a DVD player in
Woolworth's for twenty-five quid.

I'm resident in the UK, what made you think I live in Berlin?

Mind you the way things have been going over here for the last few years,
and with my mortgage paid off, I dream about selling up (before the the
crash!) and buying something cheaper abroad and then living on the money
thats left over, unfortunately however it will have to remain a dream, as my
wife is so attached to her family that's it's a total non-starter.

regards, Ben