ivan

Default tackiest brand names/worst brands TV/VCR/stereo etc?

"b" wrote in message
om...
Fair comment. For example the name Sonitron: Opening up such a VCR (in
the 80s), I discovered it was a Sanyo (Fisher) clone. (in those days
Sanyo still made some respectable low to mid-price goods). However,
you can't deny that the name sounds tacky, (almost trying to evoke
Sony) and as such deserves a place on the list!
Ben

'Pacific' is a name I'm beginning to see more of, sold by Asda (Wal-Mart)
although I haven't had the back off one yet, but picture wise, the ones I've
seen so far, appear to have given a pretty good account of themselves.

I automatically assumed from from your original list that you were based in
the UK, however looking at the receiver fitted with the flimsy looking two
pin plug, I'm now not so sure.

"ivan" wrote in message

...!
Don't you have to be careful condemning various makes of appliances out

of
hand, especially when in many cases they are just a brand name that can

turn
up on virtually anything?

(snip)