Rick Hughes

Default Cement mix for rendering external walls in winter.....?

"morgan" wrote in message
om...
I am going to render the outside perimeter walls of my garden and rear
yard. Because winter is now upon us, should I add anything to a 3
parts sand and 1 part cement mix apart from a little washing up
liquid....?

As always, thanks in advance for your replies.

2 coats of 4:1:1 Sand : OPC.:Lime

Lime tends to help prevent small cracks forming ' lime self heals' and also
improves workability.

Use Waterproofer mixed in with the water for the first coat, well scratched
up to allow good key to finings coat.

Do not apply if temp is going to drop below 5 degrees.

Rick