Cheuk-Fai Wong

Default Pioneer Amp DC-Z92/Tuner F-Z92 problem

Dear Mark,

After inspecting the IC's used and downloaded their pinout and data sheets,
I proceed to chase the problem. When I look at the AM local osc I noticed a
100KHz higher/Lower(? I forgot) than expected when,say, I tuned to 1430KHz I
should expect 1430+450Khz but I notice the 100Khz difference. I think that
may be the problem. I could not measure the FM local osc because I do not
know where to measure. The unit uses LM7001(Sanyo PLL AM/FM synthesiszer),
LA1256 IF chip and AN7040 MPX chip. I do not have a local source to get the
LM7001 chip to replace so there is no way to prove my theory.

Thanks anyway.

Cheuk