BillR

Default Possible problem with Worcester 28CDi boiler

Andy Coleman wrote:
Hi,

We had a new central heating system installed just over a year ago but
the tempature of the hot water seems to be variable at different times
of the day and in different parts of the house. For example yesterday
evening the water was probably just better than warm from the tap in
the bathroom but the kitchen tap this morning was reasonaly hot. But
at other times the kitchen tap is not that hot either.

The boiler is a Worcester 28CDi combi.

There is a dial on the front of the boiler which allows for the
tempature of the hot water to be increased, I have put this on max but
it has made no percievable difference. The preasure shown on the dial
is also quite low when there is no demand for water (about 0.5 bar),
but this increases to well over 1 bar when there is demand.

One thought I had is that the boiler only kicks in when the demand
gets to a certain preasure, is it possible to adjust the boiler to
kick in when the demand is not quite so high?

Its water flow that triggers the boiler... not pressure.
AFAIK the flow rate is preset on the flow switch.
The boiler has allways been like this and I've never realy bothered
too much, it's more of an irritation that at some points the water is
not that hot.

My ma-in-law has one of these boilers and the cold pressure of the system
should be 1 bar.
When hers drops to 0.5 bar the operation of the boiler becomes unreliable..