Posted to alt.home.repair
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Smoke Detector's Light (Blinking Green)

replying to rafaelmedeiros, Jonathan wrote:
rafaelmedeiros wrote:

Hi all, Thanks for your answers.
I just replaced the batteries today, and about half hour after I did
that they stopped making the noise.
But as soon as I get home I will make sure to check the contact, to
check if thay are making poor contact (as per Dave).
I will also follow RBM's advice and check the maker/model and look it
up on the net to see what they say.
J., I think you are right, because the alarm was triggered 1 month
ago, and only after that I have been noticing the blinking. However I
don't see any Reset Button, there are 2 buttons: "Hush", and "Push and
Hold to Test".
Mm, I did check all the manuals from the house appliances, sprinkler
timer, AC unit, refrigerator, range, microwave, etc. I keep them in a
specific folder, so when I sell the house I can pass that on. But the
Smoke Detector wasn't there.
Again, thanks to all the answers, I will keep you guys posted.
R. Medeiros

Just hold the test/reset button for about 5 seconds till you heat a long
chirp. It should stop blinking green. The green is just an indicator of
which one went off