Al

Default Convert Miniature Lamps to LED on Stereo Receiver

In article ,
"canaanskier" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Here's the situation. I have a 20 year old amplifier made by Yamaha that
has a number of buttons on the front that are lit by 14.5 V 80mA bulbs. The
bulbs are not available any longer and I haven't been able to find suitable
replacements. My question is this: Is it possible to substitute LEDs with
a minor modification of the the source current, ie., can I go to Radio Shack
and buy something that will enable the LED to work in this situation. I'm
not sure but I suspect that the current is AC. If you have any ideas I
would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.

P.S.

If you want to reply directly please remove the x-y-z from my email address.

Check out:
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...=320&type=stor

They have a number of lamps available.

Al

--
There's never enough time to do it right the first time.......