Default Saunier Duval THELIA 23 problem

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message =
news
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:49:43 +0000, rober wrote:
=20
Hi,
=20
I have a Saunier Duval Thelia 23, the central heating is working =

fine,=20
however the hot water is not.=20
=20
When in Central Heating & Hot Water mode, the HW is almost
at mains temp, slightly above, when in HW only it is the same.=20
The HW temp control has no effect at all.
=20
However putting it into HW mode and putting the CH temp=20
control to halfway, (usually is at 1/4)you get HW bouncing between=20
cold and hot and very hot radiators. The HW temp control has no
effect in any mode. Using it in the unorthadox CH burning hot it
makes a banging noise upon providing HW then gets cold then
repeats.
=20
Any ideas on how I can fix this, don't want to run the gambit of
=A350 call out fee's, getting a =A3300 repair bill and all. After =

installing
a doubleglazed window for about 10% of the cost 3 quotes wanted
i'm not in the mood for calling the professionals
=20

As a pro I would be looking to check out the temperature sensors.
Likely they are NTC Thermistors perhaps they are both on the blink?
=20
I suspect that if you turned the CH any higher you would get an =

overheat
lockout.
=20
If you really need the installation and servicing manual.=20
=20
--=20
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
=20
=20

Thanks for the help, found the part as DHW THERMISTOR 23&23E=20
Item Code : 57042, now just to work out where to buy it. I have found =
i'ts
location on the online pdf manual. Once I get it, how hard is it likely =
to be
to fit, i'm going for the option of replacing it for =A320 as it seems =
likely
to be at fault.