Posted to alt.home.repair

Default top of door ball bearing spring

On 7/25/2014 6:22 AM, The Streets wrote:
wrote in message
On Saturday, September 1, 2007 7:54:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I don't know what this is but wondering if anybody knows.

At the top of my closet doors on each door there is a ball bearing
that keeps the door shut
when you close it. Below the ball bearing in the door is a spring.

Does anybody know what this is called and where I can get a
replacement.

It's called a "ball catch" and any big box or hardware store will have it.

The 2007 guy, his house burned down and he now lives
in a nursing home, account of 85% second and third
degree burns. But, I'm sure his estate still needs
ball catches. He can put some in the ashes at the
foundation of his house.

--
..
Christopher A. Young