Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] chastityfisher100@gmail.com is offline

Default Metal vs. wood fence posts

On Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:34:26 PM UTC-5, Zz Yzx wrote:
I've been investigating fence posts. I like this product,
theoretically:

http://contractors.masterhalco.com/C...PostMaster.pdf

I priced the posts at Home Depot: ~ $25 each. But the web site says
"cost just a little more than wood". I can get treated 4" X 4" wooden
posts for $10.

Does anybody have experience with this product? Any comments welcome.

Thanks a heap,
-Zz

ablefencedeck.com we tear down a lot of fences that were built with cheap metal posts that have bent at the bottom.I replace them with wood treated 4x4 s .However if u spend the money and get the thick metal posts metal is better .If your just goin to lowes/homedepot you get more for your money buying wood posts.