Posted to alt.home.repair
david[_9_] david[_9_] is offline

Default Florida Plastic film windows

replying to Frank , david wrote:
frankdotlogullo wrote:

I bought some of this film at Lowes. It has the reflective coating
that, like windows, should keep heat in and cold out and reverse.
Also found it very difficult to apply to glass without crease and
bubbles but where I have it, window panes along door with gauze curtain,
it does not look bad. It also appears to work as intended, i.e. area is
not as cold in winter or as hot in summer.
Plastic sheets can also be purchased and cut to fit window frames.
I did this for a basement window accidentally broken by kids kicking
balls in the yard.

Thank you for your response. The type I am talking about does not apply to
glass, but is in fact in the frame as a window and there is no glass. It
goes on with a spline like screen.