Richard Cline

Default Replacement plastic drawer slides needed

In article ,
(Timothy Lee) wrote:

It may seem like a simple need but it is just a cheap item that may
never have been on the open market. It is likely that you will break
the drawer slikes for the lower drawer also. Do yourself a favor and
look at a better quality piece of furniture. Filing cabinets are very
cheap.

Dick

I have a secondhand, 2-drawer, faux-wood/particleboard filing cabinet,
for which I need 2 replacement, plastic drawer slides for the upper
drawer. I've tried Googling using the words "plastic drawer slide"
and "drawer slide", but the results are not what I need. I need
replacement plastic strips, approx. 12-16" long, 3/8" thick, and 5-8"
wide, which can be screwed into the interior walls, on which ride the
drawer that has a matching mortise (not sure if I'm using the right
term -- it is a matching, female groove which fits the plastic piece).

The results I get from Google are either replacement roller
assemblies, which I don't want, or plastic corner pieces -- small
brackets that look like shelf supports. I don't want a roller
assembly, because it might bend and warp, and because most of them
don't seem to allow a drawer to fully open. I only want a couple of
replacement, plastic strips, but can't find them on Google because I
don't seem to be using the right search terms.

What kind of search terms or words should I use to find a seller of
these kinds of pieces? Or could someone make a recommendation?
Thanks.