Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default non-toxic high-temperature non-stick paint

If its non stick, one used to be able to buy a 2 part curable ptfe coating.
However, it did need to be baked on and also a degreased item able to stand
high temperatures was required.
I seem to remember this baking was much higher than the cooking for obvious
reasons, and the undercoat or first part had some kind of etching action to
bind to the material. PTFe is by nature extrememly slippery, so to get it to
bond is quite a clever process I understand.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
Cursitor Doom writes:
Hi all,

Where can I procure some small amount of the above substance for a bread
maker whose 'stirer paddle' (made from cast iron by the look of it) is
losing its coating?

2 options...
1. Buy a spare part (easily available for Panasonic bread makers).
2. Take the paddle out after the knock-down stage, which is what I do
when I remember at the appropriate time. On my Panasonic bread
maker, that's about 1 hour before the end of the program, and
well before the bake starts.

At 16 years old, mine is not as non-stick as it was at new, but it
still comes out OK even if I leave it in the bread until the end
of the bake.

--
Andrew Gabriel