patriarch

Default Table Saw Lubricant?

"Bob" wrote in
:

I use a small baby jar 3/4th full of paste wax (Butcher's) and one
small tube of dry graphite (Auto store), mix it in the wax slowly
while you add a drop of mineral spirits to the wax so you can stir it.
Only a drop or two is all that's needed. If you get to much, don't
worry and just leave the lid off the jar and the mineral spirits will
evaporate off.

I use an old toothbrush to apply the wax/graphite mixture to all the
gears etc. Wax alone will certainly work but I've always added the
graphite. One small jar of this will last you a long time.

Bob S.

"Carl Stigers" wrote in message
I use trewax. I believe that any good paste wax would be good.
Leaves no sticky residue that picks up sawdust. And that makes it
easy to clean up.

Carl Stigers
Carl's Custom Woodworking
New London, CT

So, how frequently does one need to go through this process? And how far
down should one count on disassembling the saw? In other words, is this an
all-day process, with full realignment afterwards? Or 15 minutes, then
good to go?

Patriarch