Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jon.mckinnis@gmail.com is offline

Default Magic Chef Gas Range model:6498VTV

On Friday, September 3, 2004 6:54:07 AM UTC-4, jeff wrote:
wrote in message ...
Thanks for the response, Jeff. Since I would replace the oven rather
than repair it for $$$, disconnecting the buzzer and assume everything
will continue to work is a reasonable risk. If after disconnecting the
buzzer, there indeed is something wrong with the oven, I will throw it
out and not any worse off.

How difficult is it to get access to the clock assembly and the buzzer
board? Thanks.

Hi,

More time consuming than anything to access that clock.

Power off
Knobs off
Grates and burners off
Screws under surface burners removed so the cooktop can be proped up at the front
Screws removed from under the clock panal ( open oven door )
Screws removed from on top of the clock panal
The panal with the clock will roll out towards you and off

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Jeff,

I realize that you probably won't get this since the last post was in 2004, but I want to say thanks. I haven't had a gas range in a long time and I was having a hell of a time figuring out how to get off the front of my range... thank you for the tip about the screws under the surface burner. All my previous gas ranges had "flip up burners" if that's what it's called, where the whole top tipped up.

Jon
Pittsburgh, pa