Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default hole in the basement floor

On Saturday, July 6, 2013 9:04:01 PM UTC-5, leza wang wrote:
Hi I have found that there is a hole in the basement floor! Please see the video below. Before I bought the house I saw water leakage in that corner, so now I am thinking they did that hole to fix something! not sure really.. My question, with what i should fill that hole? I am thinking to buy sands, or you think I should do something else? Thanks a lot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcz6M...ature=youtu.be

Leza,

Are there any pipes or any anything inside the hole, that look as though they might connect to somethintg else, like it is part of a perimeter drain system? Does water come up in the hole when it rains? Is the window in the picture right at ground level like your laundry room window? Is it on the same side of the house as the laundry room window?