Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hole in the basement floor

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 20:24:14 -0600, "WW"
wrote:

"leza wang" wrote in message

Hi
I have found that there is a hole in the basement floor! Please see the
video below. Before I bought the house I saw water leakage in that corner,
so now I am thinking they did that hole to fix something! not sure really.

My question, with what i should fill that hole? I am thinking to buy sands,
or you think I should do something else?

Thanks a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcz6M...ature=youtu.be

Leza Did you buy this house without first seeing it? There seems to be
to many things wrong with it?WW

Sounds like a house a friend bought. She bought the house up in
cottage country because it was cheap. It was sold as a "4 season" home
and it has no foundation(sitting on concrete blocks) and no insulation
in the floors. In March when she bought it, everything was level - the
roof ridge was straight, and all doors and windows operated.
Throughout the winter the ridgepole was up to 8 inches out of line and
most windows would not operate. By March it was straight again - but
the heating bill for the winter was about $2000. There were all kinds
of electrical issues and plumbing issues. Now she can't afford to
keep living in it - so she needs to sell it. Good luck.

People who don't know about houses shopuldn't buy them without the
assistance of someone who does. ( same goes for buying used cars, as
far as that goes)