Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default hole in the basement floor

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 19:04:01 -0700 (PDT), leza wang
wrote:

Hi
I have found that there is a hole in the basement floor! Please see the video below. Before I bought the house I saw water leakage in that corner, so now I am thinking they did that hole to fix something! not sure really.

My question, with what i should fill that hole? I am thinking to buy sands, or you think I should do something else?

Thanks a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcz6M...ature=youtu.be

That hole was put there for a reason so it would be good to find out
why before you fill it in. There may have been a leak and the
previous owner made the hold to act as a drain field or a sump. It
may have been to access sewer pips running around there, as to repair
a leak. Or is may have been a hiding place for gold.

Is the hole dry? If so, you can fill it easily. If the hole wet? If
so, you want to find the reason and stop it before filling the hole.

If you are sure you want it filled, you can use any combination of
rocks, dirt, sand. Bring it in a bucket at a time.