Posted to misc.legal,alt.home.repair
[email protected] generic@internet.com is offline

Default Time and a half for over 40 hours

On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 18:38:13 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

http://www.ehow.com/list_6734806_geo...ours-work.html

My niece just started working for a company yesterday. She is working
in a convenient store that also sells gas. She has almost no job
experience. She says her boss does not pay time and a half for over
40 hours.

I am assuming that if she says anything, the boss will just quit
telling her to come in. What is the best way to address this problem?

After working over 40 hours, a person is worn out and dont work as hard,
so they should get HALF the pay, not "time and a half".

Seriously, jobs like that dont pay real well anyhow and it's easy to
find another person to replace one who is fired. Just how many hours
over 40 is she working? If it's only a few, I'd say just let her keep
her job. Jobs are hard to find in most places these days and with no
experience, even harder. Otherwise someone will need to contact
whatever labor association that state has, and file a grievience. But
that will likely get her fired. If shes expected to work 60 or 70
hours, I'd do something, but if its 43 hours, forget it. That likely
amounts to less than $20 anyhow. Some job is better than no job.