Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Best way to set up gas central heating controls

On 23/12/2012 20:48, Dave Liquorice wrote:
The daily weather will have too much influence, it will tend to mask the
effects of any changes you make to the settings. Much better to try
settings for a week at a time and record the gas use per week, perhaps
making a note about the weather for each week, temperature and wind
mainly.

I will move to a weekly reading but to get a feel for some of the
changes I am making I have been monitoring on a daily basis for a couple
of weeks and will for another week and then move to weekly.
So far I have managed to save about 3 kWh per day. I know I can make
some further improvements with draught proofing when I have time and the
dog passes on! I have wooden laminate flooring and want to carpet but as
the dog is on his last legs will wait til then before carpeting.

The house is 10 rooms including 2 toilets plus 2 small hallways and I am
on target to reduce combined bills to approx £1000 per year.....getting
there :-)