Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Anybody recommend a good camera that I can use with Win98?

On Nov 25, 8:30*am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Robert Macy wrote:

Like the subject, anybody know a good camera that I can use with
Win98?

I've been using the Motorola RAZR phone which has terrible images,
requires WinXP [ptui, ptui, cusre be gone!]

Is alright to get by, but images are like 60k and more of a thumbnail
image than a real image.

I just bought a Vivitar 16MPixel ViviCam S524, which listed the system
requirements on the back of the envelope. They left out that you MUST
have internet connection to download a huge bulky bloated program,
Plus, and this is far more important, model is NOT listed in included
CD, call to Customer Service informs that software not available yet,
wait 2 weeks and come back to their website ??!!!

So, what I need is a camera with decent image capability, that I can
download images through the USB port, and be done with it. I don't
want to connect to their websites, I don't want to download a program
that will take 24 hours to download via dial-up, I *just want a !@#$!#
$@%^^ camera!

* *Can't you just access the photos by treating the camera as a USB
Memory stick? *I do that with my Fuji Finepix S5200, and I've done it
with several other digital cameras. *On some cameras the photos are
three to five folders deep, but they can be viewed, copied or erased. *I
power up the camera, inset the USB cable and wait for the computer to
recognize the device. *Then I drill down to what I want.

Got it!

The protocol was to 'delete' the images and/or folders in the camera
then one more picture could be taken.

So, does work - after a fashion. Now need a good SD card to plug in.