Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Keeping door latches from freezing

wrote:
Have you ever found some sort of spray or grease that will keep stuff
from freezing? We got rain yesterday, and a deep freeze right
afterwards. Last night both push button door handles on my F-150 truck
were frozen. The push botton door latch on the house storm door and a
slide bolt on my toolshed door was also frozen.

Anyhow, have any of you ever found anything that will keep stuff like
that from freezing? I was wondering about silicone spray? Maybe
vaseline on the slide bolt, but that wont work on the truck? Any other
ideas?

Hmm,
Graphite spray.